CHRISTMAS COOKIES :: SNOWBALLS
Along with the Pizelles each year, we bake snowball cookies. These are perfect for the holidays because they look very wintery. The powdered sugar just adds that special touch.
It’s pretty easy to make. Just remember to roll the balls pretty small. If they’re too big, they’ll fall flat and lose that round shape. And you can try it with or without walnuts. Both my brother and sister like it without nuts, but I personally love it with the walnuts.
[I know right … 2 recipes in one week? Yes. Only because it’s the holidays and I did some mad baking recently. S’all good. Makes for good blogging!]
Here’s the recipe:
1 cup softened butter (not margarine), 1/2 cup sifter powder sugar, 2 tbs honey, 2 cups flour, 3/4 cups walnuts, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt
- mix: softened butter, powdered sugar, and honey
- fold in: flour, vanilla, walnuts, and salt
- roll the dough into balls (about 1 inch in diameter) and place onto cookie sheet
- bake for about 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees
- let cool
- place some powdered sugar in a Ziploc bag
- and shake up each cookie in the baggie … about 4-5 at a time … until fully coated in powdered sugar
Easy Peezy! Enjoy & share with friends and family.