It’s still Tuesday right? At least or another half hour …
1. IT’S OFFICIALLY RAINY SEASON HERE IN SEATTLE. No more sun-shiny days. I’m used to easing into sweater weather, but it’s not been that way here. Literally it was sunny and now it’s not. I guess that’s the trade off for an incredible summer. At least Ihave a pair of rain boots.
2. JO KOY IS COMING IN NOVEMBER. I’ve mentioned before how much I love stand up comedy, but heck, this is Jo Koy. He is hilarious. Even moreso with the fact that I completely relate to the Filipino jokes. The Wii bit about his mother is one of my favorites … can’t wait to see him live.
I cannot find the Wii bit for the life of me (they took it off Youtube). Instead I bring you this one:
3. I’VE BEEN CONDUCTING SOME INTERVIEWS. My, my have the tables turned. After being on the other side of applying for jobs for so long, I am now part of the hiring process for the SEO company I am working for. It’s kind of weird. The only experience I have with that is from Gauntlet (and that was so long ago).
But it’s been a fun learning curve. I’ve seen a statistic that there are 6 applicants for every job available (which is sick) but seriously, we have one position open and about 60 resumes came my way. And let me just say, there are some really bad resumes out there …
4. MY SISTER AND I CHECKED OUT MOLLY MOON’S ICE CREAM. I guess it’s one of those things that Seattle is famous for but I never knew about. I had to read about it on someone else’s blog … but we made a way out to this little storefront in Wallingford where the line literally went out the door.
it was worth it though. delish!
5. I JUST WATCHED THE FINALE FOR MTV’S AWKWARD. So good. Please watch it! Does it make your heart hurt just a little bit?? Does she belong with Jake or Matty? The relevant thoughts in life to ponder …
I think Tuesdays come by really quick. but doing these 5 Things Tuesday helps me have some sort of mid-week reflection.
1. FARMER FRIENDS - on Friday I went to go see my friends Shane & Sarah. They’ve been farm interns for the last year right here in Washington … they’ve got chickens, cows, pigs, a goat. They’ve got vegetable gardens and herb gardens, tomatoes, potatoes, and blueberry farms.
I was kind of amazed because they had everything they need right there. We even made pizza with items from their garden. And it was delish! And we snacked on blueberries from their orchard and they were SO GOOD.
2. I WATCHED YOU GOT MAIL - it was randomly on tv and it was amazing. That movie makes me laugh, cry, nervous a bit, my heart hurt, then happy again. It’s so good! And full of great quotes.
Why are movies that I watched on AMC? Am I old?
3. I WATCHED BUFFY SEASON 5 THIS WEEKEND - My sister and I were in the mood to watch a random Buffy episode and well, that just got me going. I went through the whole fifth season in just a weekend. That’s kind of sick … but it was so good! it’s an ingenious show. Seriously.
and I cry a lot when I watch this show. Too many amazing speeches. If you’ve seen Buffy, you know what I mean :)
4. HULU HAS SKINS UK NOW - I’ve been getting my Skins fix through Netflix and Youtube but apparently the show is going out to the masses via Hulu. at least series 1-3 … which is like like the first generation and half of another.
If you watch it, you need to get to series 4 to at least get a complete taste of second generation.
Although, like I’ve said before - there’s a lot of good with the bad with this show. Which is the main reason why the US version got cancelled. Cursing, drugs, alcohol, nudity, sex, etc. Blatantly. That stuff flies on UK television. Ah, the US version would be too watered down without that though. The drama within the lives of these teenagers is what makes the show really good. Still excited for Series 6 (premiering in Jan 2012).
5. WHILE WE’RE ON THE SUBJECT, FALL TV SHOWS ARE BACK. Starting tonight with Glee. Haters gonna hate, but I really am excited for this show. And Chuck, and Bones, and New Girl, SNL, And so much more. I’m really excited. If you haven’t guessed it yet, I really like tv :)
One summer show that I did like … MTV’s Awkward. Which, you know, MTV’s scripted shows never really did well. But this one is smart and quirky and well written.
-Jon Foreman, front man of Switchfoot
I actually was going to post a few more quotes that I thought stood out, but honestly there were too many. Read the entire article, especially if you’re an artist of any kind. it’s like an anthem for creatives.
1. NEW GIRL … The pilot is available on In Demand. And I watched it. It’s HIGH-larious.
Our DVR has been out for awhile and so I’ve been playing random shows on In Demand. After watching a rerun of Glee’s Funeral (which features an amazing rendition of “Pure Imagination”) … New Girl just started up. And I got to watch the whole episode. I love pleasant surprises like that. I must say, I did a LOT of laughing.
2. REMEMBERING 9/11. When I visited NYC a few weeks ago, the memorial wasn’t quite done yet and I wasn’t able to see it. But seeing it on TV and just having that moment in history … it broke my heart. Those were people. Live changed. War started. It shook our country.
I ran across this video from MTV (of all places) and just felt like it rang true with the rest of my generation. I remember that exact moment ten years ago. I’m a millennial and I won’t forget.
3. LADY ANTEBELLUM’S NEW CD CAME OUT TODAY & I am currently jammin to it. Country music kind of brings out this side of me that’s rooted in my Texas/Oklahoma days. Man, those were good days with GREAT people. I miss them so much.
Because of my time there: I love country music, have gone to quite a few rodeos, was introduced to biscuits & gravy, started using terms like “y’all” and “right quick”, became a Sooner fan, have gained that southern hospitality … and I do appreciate a southern gentleman.
4. I’VE BEEN WORKING A LOT THESE DAY … WHICH IS GOOD. Just making up for money spent on my NYC/Chicago trips. But this week I’ll be receiving my first paycheck in over a year. It’s kind of amazing. I’ve done what I can from freelancing and selling stuff online, but to actually work and be part of something and make money from it - it’s a blessing.
Although I’m still looking for a full time job on top of this. Any leads?
(this is not my home office, but i wish it was! maybe one day)
5. I’VE BEEN PLAYING A LOT OF WORDS WITH FRIENDS LATELY. I took a long break for awhile when I switched over to playing Sevens and Tiny Wings. But a friend of mine challenged me to WWF and after accepting his game, I hooked up my profile to FB. Now I have like 8 games going and what can I say? I’m beating them senseless (just kidding). But I’m kind of whooping them.
Want to play? My profile name is “joannegarcia” - maybe one day I’ll make a play as good as this:
Hope you had an amazing Labor Day weekend … I didn’t do much. Resting is good. Just what I needed. In the meantime, this is what I did do:
1. TOMS IS COMING OUT WITH BALLET FLATS … holy crap that’s awesome. And I’m going to buy 5, 6, 7+ pairs. Something like that. They are soooo comfortable, Socially conscious, and will be soon be ready for dressier outfits (coming Spring 2012).
These are definitely going on my Wishlist.
2. I’M ALMOST NOT CRAZY. From StyleMint’s new September collection, picked out for me. I want this shirt (will you buy it for me?):
3. I freakin’ found MP3’s of “A Very Potter Musical” online. The recording’s quality is so much better than what’s on YouTube. I’ve been jammin’ to it last night, just laughing so much. I love it. And what’s also awesome, I didn’t know that there was “A Very Potter Sequel” - it’s as almost as hilarious as the first one.
Anyways, here’s a sample of the musical:
4. my sister got a puppy and it’s SO CUTE. She’s a white lab, 9 weeks old. Her name is Ellie, named after Ellie Kemper. She rowdy early in the morning, sleeps all day, and hates car rides.
Look at those puppy dog eyes …
5. saved the best for last … COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS BACK. This is just greatness. can we just breathe this in together? I’m sad summer is coming to a close, but seriously fall is my favorite season. And the best way to christen it is Labor Day Weekend + College Football combination.
[click on pictures for photo sources]